Applying for a U.S. Spouse Visa – How to Apply

The immigrant spouse visa, or marriage visa, is the simplest way for spouses of U.S. citizens to immigrate and reside permanently in the United States. The immigrating spouse will receive U.S. lawful permanent resident status (“green card” status) upon admission into the U.S. The green card will be mailed to the newly arrived spouse and usually arrives in the mail with 30-60 days after entry. The entire process typically takes from six to nine months to complete, from the date of filing the initial spouse petition, to the date of the immigrant visa interview at the U.S. consulate or embassy abroad. The government filing fees average around $900, which includes the spouse petition and green card fees, as well as the Department of State and NVC fees.

Call us today for a free spouse visa consultation: 888-9-MY-VISA (888-969-8472).

Leave a Comment